Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"No Mommy, Thomas Did"

For those of you that are regulars to this blog, you’ve heard my stories in the past of Reid going poop in the bathtub. Even though Daddy gets so grossed out that he has to leave the room (before Mommy has to clean up Reid and Daddy), Mommy just seems to be able to scoop it up and move on. It’s actually humorous to me and not that big of a deal. It’s just one of those things that come with being Mom to a toddler. You never know what‘s going to happen from one minute to the next…that’s what makes it all so much fun.

Recently I put Reid in the tub because he wanted to “swim”. Our tub is a lot bigger than his, so when he just wants to get in and play he tells me that he wants to “swim”. He does this quite often, and I just let him enjoy himself. This night was no different, so I went to his bathroom to gather his tub toys and bring them in to our bathroom so he could play with them. One of his favorite toys is a Thomas the Train nozzle cover. He never lets it stay over the faucet…he always takes it off and sticks the other little toys inside of it or drives it around in the water while bellowing a “choo choo”.

I gave him Thomas along with some other toys and stepped into the bedroom to fold some laundry or something when I heard Reid calling out for me. I just started talking to him from the room and didn’t go right in to check on him…I just wanted to see what he needed first before I dropped what I was doing. He said “Mommy…Poop”. So, I dropped everything and as I’m walking in the bathroom I asked “Reid, did you poop in the bathtub”? With a look more serious than I’ve ever seen on his face and eyes wide, he held up Thomas to me and said “No Mommy, Thomas did”.

Sure enough, when I got to the edge of the tub there behind Thomas were little black deposits all in the tub! Reid was upset with Thomas to say the least. It was all I could do to contain myself. You see, at our last bath time I was waiting for the water to run and had given Reid a box of raisins. Reid ended up pouring the raisins in the bath water that night. We scooped (what I thought was all) the raisins out of the water and threw them away. Evidently, a few raisins had nestled themselves inside of Thomas and dried up. When Thomas got in the bathtub with Reid, the raisins re-hydrated and slowly released themselves into the bath water looking to Reid as if Thomas was pooping!!! It was hysterical.

Life with Reid is so much fun! I thank God for him every day…never a dull moment.

No comments: